Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wow! I used to be crazy!



This morning Tim and I decided to drive the bike to church. The kids rode with my inlaws and it was just he and I hittin' the highway. It was a great ride. On the way there I was reflecting on the past when we used to ride together all over this city. Today I had on jeans, leather boots, leather coat, gloves, helmet, and sunglasses. About 15 years ago I didn't give it a second thought to jump on the back of his bike wearing nothing but a bikini top, daisy dukes and cowboy boots. No helmet, no safety gear, nothing to protect myself from the unforgiving asphalt. Wow! I can't believe I used to be that crazy. Never even thought about the ramifications back then if something were to go wrong. Just living free I guess. Older and wiser (somewhat) these days. I do know one thing, Ayden Lynn (my 6 yr. old daughter), wont' be caught dead in an outfit like that and for sure won't be riding on the back of her crazy boyfriend's bike without being leathered up from head to toe!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, sorry mike, I sent your comment to never, never land... remember, I'm new at this.

    ReplyDelete